“building a happy and positive foundation for future school life”
Our Pre-School facility is a new, purpose built, bright and stimulating environment. Our Bella Pre-Schoolers wear our uniform which consists of a jumper and polo with the nursery logo which promotes a sense of belonging and prepares the children for Primary school.
Our philosophy is to offer a play based curriculum, beneficial to the children’s development, in a fun and loving home based setting. Nursery requirements are to operate a staff/child ratio of 1:8, however, to ensure our Bella Pre-Schoolers receive the very best care we operate a 1:6 ratio. Our Pre-School staff prepare planning on a yearly, monthly, weekly and daily basis and it is displayed for parents to see at all times. The room is divided to incorporate the separate areas of learning inc: role play, home corner, reading/quiet area, art & craft area and floor and table top play area.
Curriculum – We follow the Six Areas of Learning in line with the Northern Ireland Curriculum.
1. Personal, Social & Emotional - This area promotes Settling, Sharing and Turn taking, Concentration Skills, Understanding, Independence and Self Help Skills.
2. Physical - Physical Development is encouraged through indoor and outdoor play. We concentrate on Fine Motor Skills such as threading, cutting and jigsaws and Gross Motor Skills such as running, jumping and obstacle courses.
3. The Arts - This area covers Art & Design, Music & Movement, Role Play, Imaginative Play and learning colours.
4. The World Around Us - Children naturally investigate & experience their environment, indoors and outdoors, everyday. We expand on this area of development through the use of technology, construction and exploration.
5. Language - Communication skills are focused on, alongside listening, concentration, pre-writing skills and reading.
6. Mathematical - Early maths is introduced through number, measure, pattern, shape & space and sorting.
Each day we offer Breakfast Club, mid morning break, lunch with dessert and afternoon tea. We participate in Boost Better Breaks (winning the award in 2013) and only offer healthy food and drinks. We believe that mealtimes greatly encourage social interaction and our staff have morning break with the children. Children are encouraged to pour their own drinks and butter their own toast which promotes independence alongside their personal, social and emotional development.
Our annual events include: our Nursery Birthday Party, Zoo Trip, Fire Engine Visit, Police Visit, PJ Party, Zoolab Visit, Sports Day, Harvest Festival, Teddy-Bears Picnic, Nativity and Christmas Party outside the very frequent Birthday parties that are held at Nursery for their friends.